TheBanyanTree: New Year's Eve

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sun Jan 1 07:37:55 PST 2006

I woke up New Year's Day without a hangover, hit the floor running at dawn,
and here it is, 10 A.M., and I'm done with my morning tasks.

Last night was a quiet one at home. "Law And Order" had it's New Year's
marathon, though we switched over near midnight to watch the "ball" drop at Times'
Square. A couple of our neighbors set off a few sky rockets.  They were the
cheap ones, sprouting little more than colored spritz, though someone bought a
biggie that lit the sky with gold stars and made all the dogs hysterical.  We
also watched our rented movie, "Finding Neverland." A surprise, a good one.
I'll watch it again before we take it back to Blockbuster.

A brother had come to visit, to stay with us for a few days.  He cooks.  I
feel as though I've gained fifty pounds.  I'm already bigger and better than I
was last year, lol. Diet time after the brother leaves.

No resolutions, not since I thought they were mandatory in my youth.

It's a cool, foggy, grey day.  The Spanish Moss is hanging like wet laundry
from the pine branches. I picked a tangerine of one of the trees for my
breakfast. I took the dogs out for a run in the wet grass, and now I have to brush
the burrs and stickers out of Katie's coat. She's a Havanese, with thick hair
like cotton candy, in which everything clings and knots. The Chihuahuas have
sleek coats that shed most of the extraneous material. Katie is a floor mop.

A new day, and new year.  Blessings for all of you.

NancyLee