TheBanyanTree: If I Were a Tree

Glo~ee burns.gloria at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 19:34:46 PST 2006

If I were a tree
and a Banyan tree too
I'd spread out my branches
for me and for you

I'd sprout some big leaves and I'd color them green
There'd be twigs and branches sight unseen
I'd place hammocks above, an elephant on ground
Then I'd sit and I'd listen for that storybook sound

The stories would come from young and old
Words would take flight with diaries told
Joyful, poetic, sad or mysterious
It'd matter not if we're playing or serious

For I am the tree and connect the voices we hear
Where Twiglets gather for goodwill and cheer
I am threading and weaving and binding the end
My branches won't break, they'll simply bend

Gloria