TheBanyanTree: Politics and the Tree

Sachet sachet at alltel.net
Sun Dec 31 13:21:35 PST 2006

Ah, but see RJ, you are able to state your opinion in a reasonable
manner using "rational dialogue".

 We are a writing list, with guidelines, not a society or a country. The
moderators are here to maintain those guidelines for the wellbeing of
everyone.

Some Tree members preface their possibly controversial posts with a
warning. That gives the reader fair warning that the writer is aware
that other members may disagree or may not wish to read the post. That
is a fair compromise where the writing skill of a member may still be
enjoyed, but the reader is not subjected to a surprise rant.

Main Entry: 1rant
Pronunciation: 'rant
Function: verb
Etymology: obsolete Dutch ranten, randen
intransitive verb
1 : to talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner
2 : to scold vehemently
transitive verb : to utter in a bombastic declamatory fashion

Ranting and writing do differ. Again, respect is the key word.

....Sachet