TheBanyanTree: I need school to start

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 08:54:04 PDT 2006

I know it's time for school to start when I start getting excited about
little things, like a new dishwasher. :)

This morning I got all excited because the temperature was below 80 degrees
Fairyheight. I made my youngest son get up and go for a walk with me. That
was exciting for two reasons. My elbow is well enough to wear only a pad now
- no more splint (Yay!), and it was cool enough I didn't feel like heat
stroke was a possibility. We only went half a mile, but considering it's
been almost 10 weeks since I could get out and do *any*thing, I think that's
a good start.

The other thing I got all excited about is finding a new travel kit. I've
been looking for several months to replace a travel kit that was given to me
years ago. There's nothing wrong with it except that as I've gotten older,
my requirements have changed. It's amazing how much *stuff* I have to have
to travel now. It used to be, I could grab a change of underwear, a
toothbrush, and a comb, and I was ready to travel. Now it takes a big ol'
bag just to hold all the non-clothing stuff. Clothing-wise, I can still
manage with only the change of undies if necessary.  ;o)

ANYway... I was in a store that carries the kewlest storage and organizing
stuff, and I was in the bathroom aisle. There it was. The *perfect* travel
kit. I ran over and grabbed one, unzipping all the zippers to be sure it was
as perfect as it looked. It was indeed. I got so excited! I grabbed my
husband and started showing him all the little pockets and pouches and
hide-aways. He smiled and said "uh-huh" in the right places, and I let him
go. (Hey, if I have to listen to golf news and pretend to be interested, he
can pretend to be excited about a new travel kit.) Unfortunately, the only
colors they had were brown, calf poop green, and a hideous pink. I ended up
with the brown, figuring that it's all about function over form anyway, and
it's not like my luggage is coordinated to start with.

See, I told you I needed school to start! I need a life! :o)

Laura

wolfljsh at gmail.com