TheBanyanTree: Between a Rock and a Mineral

Dale M. Parish parishdm at att.net
Wed Apr 5 15:46:52 PDT 2006

My wife is named Cynthia, but goes by Cindy.
My new boss is named Cynthia, and doesn't like to be called Cindy.

My wife teaches geology at the local university.
My new boss failed geology there a few years back due to time constraints.

Before she was my boss, I talked my co-worker Cynthia into retaking geology, promising to help her if she needed it.

Before she signed up for the geology course, my co-worker Cynthia wanted me to assure her that I could help her take this class under Cindy.

My wife is a strict taskmaster, and believes that people who sign up for college classes should attend them if they want credit.

My new boss now finds that she's stretched to the extremes learning all her new responsibilities, and can't attend all her classes.

I would never ask my wife to affect any grade.

My new boss nearly expects it.

This is getting towards the high end of the Mohs scale.

--
Dale M. Parish
5585 Ada