TheBanyanTree: Words in my head

Monique monique.ybs at verizon.net
Mon Sep 5 10:38:55 PDT 2005

Sometimes I can't find them. There were there, yesterday, when I was
asleep. They were there the other day, when I was driving to a client's,
when I was at a client's, when I was working. The words were there, so
many of them they kept bumping into other words, creating a toxic word
zone that threatened to overwhelm me, so many words that I could not get
to in time. And now, with some time to get the words out of my head,
they aren't there. Or they are there, somewhere, but hiding in some
cavern that's currently inaccessible. Damn words. Always there when I
don't have time for them, but when they go into hiding so easily. Or
they metamorphose into ideas, bare skeletons of the words they had been,
and the ideas themselves appear so ephemeral, unable to coalesce into a
coherent line of thought with valid words, that they just sit there . .
. a weight that I can't dislodge. Like I'm choking on words, drowning in
unspoken words, words that I can't see or hear, but they're there,
underneath the surface, and I need a way to get them out and about and
on their own, and I don't know how.

The words are there, in hiding, and if I must drag them out into the
light of day I will, but first I must find them, grab onto them, and
then pull them out, no matter how they, or I, feel about it. They don't
belong in there, in the dark, they belong out here where I can see them,
where I can use them.

Who needs numbers when you have words?