TheBanyanTree: Feeling My Emotions

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sat Oct 22 20:29:53 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/18/05 12:38:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mspatmartin at shaw.ca writes:
Andrew, on the other hand, is actively involved in a singles' club and is
dating.
Good for him, and I really mean that.  He's moving on; I'm still trying to
find a
direction, a vista, that feels right.
You know, I think you have  been trying a path ot two without really knowing
it. You struckj out to help those in another country, betting on the hand
dealt you.  If ytour path took you away from your husband, perhaps it was you who
outgrew him.

It's a rather common phenomena, women of  "a certain age" who, nearing
retirement, discover how short life is, and want to DO something before it's too
late.  If  hubby and family can't be supportive or at least pretend to
understand, then, the woman either gives in to become "granny by the fire" or a woman
who sails her own ship.

After decades of marriage, and seeing my kids grow and become responsible
adults, I chose to strike out on my own. My marriage did not survive, but I did.
My ex was a good husband, but  my life changed after my role as "Mom" changed.
I needed to fnd my own path, to dare the things I had put on hold all those
decades. I didn't let my dreams stay buried. I dug them up and am seeing if
they can be reached, after all.

NancyLee