TheBanyanTree: Will

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sun Oct 30 12:17:58 PST 2005

Today I will write my will.

I was daydreaming last evening while my television flipped and flopped (I
guess the dish was wobbling in the wind) and I suddenly recalled a childhood
poem: "Now I lay me down to sleep . . ."

What would happen to the family china and silver if I die be fore I wake?
Where would all those photo albums end up? (Beth, do you know that even after we
all picked through Mom's mountain of albums, I saved the whole lot? I can't
bear to throw even the unwanted  pictures away)  What is anyone going to do
with my collection of Albert Payson Terhune books?

Today I will write my will. I wrote one some time ago, but life has changed.
I have changed.  People's needs have changed. So, I will redelegate the
distribution of my piggy bank contents and too many dogs. Anyone want a pig and her
litter of piglets?

And,  how does one leave someone a parrot? I hear they live a hundred years.
That means mine will last 98 more.

I don't intend leaving  this toil just yet, but one never knows when an
errant Greyhound bus will veer  of it's lane or the pine trees suddenly  tip in the
wind,  or the next hurricane. . .  . . .

No. It's not a gloomy thought.  In fact, I took a small inventory of my
things, and it sparked a lot of good memories.  I think I'll check back to the
1947-48 album and see us again all as children.

 . . . there you are Beth . . .  .we're at the lake, shivering  in that icy
water. . or nervous about the blood suckers.

NancyLee