TheBanyanTree: Fwd: "Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield

Dee dee.cee at verizon.net
Wed Nov 2 17:17:20 PST 2005

Maria noted:

>> Welcome to the building, Dr. Peter B. Dyck.
>
> ...And Tobie added:
>
>     There used to be a doctor practising in Berkeley whose name was
> Dr. Coffin.
>
> But my favourite physicians' names I found in the Oakland phone book
> some years ago on a romp for silly names.  How do you like:
>
> Dr. Harold D. Puckeylowe II
> and
> Dr. Harold D. Puckeylowe III
>
>     The phone book is a great place to have phun.

Adding to the phun, I have to tell you one of the head honchos at the
local Bank of America is named Kelli Crook.

Tobie is right about the phone book. When I was attending the Community
College in Spokane, the teacher of the creative writing class gave us a
fun assignment: we were to make up a goofy family tree, using only names
we'd found in the phone book. My prize name was Dick B. Colosso. I swear it.

The following year, I happened to mention the story to a friend. "Get
out of here," he said. "No way!" So, of course, I grabbed a phone book
to prove my veracity. Evidently someone had enlightened Mr. Colosso in
the meantime because he'd changed the listing to Richard.

Some people just have no sense of adventure.

Either that or his wife had to field too many calls from lustful wicked
wimmen.

Hugs, Dee...