TheBanyanTree: Bare to Bear

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 17 13:06:26 PST 2005

In case it doesn't seem so from all that I write and have to say these
past months---I do appreciate everyone listening and reading.  I've
gotten a lot of responses and a lot of support.  There have been a few
occasions that I have turned someone away and I am truly sad about
that.  I never meant to make some doubt what they thought they knew of
me and yet I also can't edit and shy away from the truth just for those
reasons.  They would be good reasons, to be sure, but not what is good
for me.  I spend a good deal of time (although not nearly as much as
before) doing what others need and want from me.  Here, I have to do and
say what is needed just for my own sanity.  I try not to be offensive in
the general sense and to keep to the ideals of this group.  I hope that
counts for something.

One person said something like 'we bare our souls to bear our troubles'
and it seemed a truer statement had never been made.  If not for this
outlet, this tiny steam hole in the pressure cooker my life has become,
all hell would break loose.  To think that what I've accomplished so far
could be termed 'holding it together' seems a bit much but I dare say it
could have been worse.

Another person reckoned my bar habit with the comment that we all have
something that will 'satisfy the urge to waste time while hurting
myself.'  It hits the nail on the head, I think.  There is an urge at
hand, here, and it is not to be taken lightly.  The urge is to leave,
abscond with myself, adios amigos, get outta Dodge, hit the road Jack,
byebye.  I can take my leave here, sometimes, and it is ok.  Other times
I have to leave the physical premises and not come back for a while.  It
is a huge part of the problem.

But not to be side tracked, no, not the reason I am here.  I am here now
to simply say thank you to so many.  I have been blessed to have
stumbled upon such a group way back in the day.  I have been blessed to
feel free enough to keep regurgitating my troubles and woes and to get
so many different perspectives on them.  There is a lot of concern out
there, I guess I should say that, too.  Well, yeah, I'm a little
concerned myself.  Thanks for making me feel not lonely.   I'm doing
everything I can for myself to include some chemical help and a
therapist not to mention a doctor I trust implicitly.  I have this steam
hole into which I can sometimes release the pressure and it is not to be
taken lightly, either, and may be the best therapy yet........

Love and I mean it,
Maria