TheBanyanTree: I hate Bank Holidays

Peter Macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Tue May 3 18:14:11 PDT 2005

At 18:55 3/05/05 -0700, Bonnie Brace wrote:
>John,
>Please bare with this poor Yankee. I absolutely adore listening to you but
I am afraid you lost me on the  "toyed with the idea of making
bacon-and-Daddie's-brown-sauce sarnies" What is that?  As for the
hardboiled egg and thinly sliced tomato... now that is something I have
never tried. Gonna have to have one of those soon!

Dear Bonnie Brace,

I imagine John is asleep by now.

He means a sanger.  At least that's what we call it in Australia . . .

Think of a chip butty with bacon and sauce replacing the chips.

Isn't it good that we are united by a common language?

cheers

  _--|\    Peter Macinnis        petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
 /     \   Chair of Remote Linguini Sensing and Interior Demography,
 \.--._*   Coach, Australian Non-invasive Taxonomy Olympic Squad.
      v    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~macinnis/index.htm