TheBanyanTree: warm hellos and being remembered

SumerBlond at aol.com SumerBlond at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 09:41:18 PST 2005

I was amazed to be remembered by so many when I sent in my little conversation on home repairs.

Thank you all.....I loved hearing from everybody.

I will answer the questions asked me in private email here in one....so you all know what I've been doing the past 6 years....other than laying around at the base of the tree enjoying the stories.

So, first of all...no we didn't glue the liver treat to the beam.  We are going to fill it in with wood putty and be responsible adults..(at least this is what we are saying now)

Two years ago we made the huge leap and bought a HOUSE!!  We lived in a mobile home for 20 years....so this was major to us.

We could never get the money together until I got a new job 6 years ago.....I became a dining room supervisor at a retirement resort.  The pay was good, the responsibility was tremendous, and for a good while I really loved the job.

However, this past summer my old manager moved on and I was given a new manager.....we hit it off like oil and water.  At the beginning of January I was called into the office and told that my position was being eliminated and after 19 years of employment with the company....I was no longer needed.

I stayed in bed and licked my wounds for a while.....cursed my old company out loud daily......wallowed in self pity and self loathing for letting this happen to me.....then finally crawled out of the hole and began my new job search.

I haven't found anything yet, but I have had some interviews and I have one again tomorrow.  We will see.

Back to the house...she's a grand old thing...built in 1918...all original woodwork..(even though a small knot hole is missing from the beam in the living room....we had a plumber working up above and he was hammering the devil out of the floor...that's how we popped out the knot hole)

I love this place...it's huge and sunny and quirky.....and it feels like home.

Two family members are no longer with us....my beloved Chelsea Cat and Squinker Cat both passed away this past year and I still can't talk about it.  After 14 years that hole in your heart doesn't heal too quickly.  However, I do have two new members to introduce.....Jack the cat and Spike the cat.

I found Jack at a flea market for sell for five dollars....he looked like a big cotton ball.  What a weird cat.....he fits right in.

Then there's Spike....he was a stray my daughter kept feeding at work ....until she got in trouble for him hanging around the door waiting for her....then she begged me to let her bring him home.

He's something....you would swear he was never a stray in his life....I think he might actually love this house more than I do!

I've been keeping myself busy cleaning out the basement ( the basement is like entering the twilight zone....you open up a box and can be transported back to a time and then wonder what in the hell you were thinking about buying this crap) and going to auctions and selling stuff on Ebay.  So far it's kept me as sane as I have ever claimed to be!!

I'm rambling....but I really do thank you all so much for welcoming me back into the branches.

hugs,
deb