TheBanyanTree: The Adventures of the Red Knickers - Part 1

woofie at woofess.com woofie at woofess.com
Tue Jun 28 17:50:35 PDT 2005

The Woofess is onna mission. The Woofess is onna mission ter spread the word
of a new religion...a new religion wot involves holes through the middle of
the earth, yoyo gods, snake handling and men's red underdaks.

It's a long story, folks...a long story wot started orf this way....

Our boss, Kickboxer (or KB for short) came into work one morning a couple of
weeks ago boasting he had won a bra orf one of his main squeezes the night
afore in a bet. This was one of two dumb things he did that day...yeah..the
first dumb thing was that he boasted about winning the bet...the second dumb
thing he did was have a bet with me after this about something where he
insisted he was right and I was wrong....very silly ...I declared his
underdaks as me prize fer winning the bet...he kindly washed em first:)

These are not jes any underpants, folks..they is red ones..and as you know,
red ones go faster. They proved their worth when they wiped an hour orf the
travel time between Sinny and San Francisco:) Oh yeah...I fergort...me
mission ter spread the word of the red underdaks...well..ter spread the word
of any new religion involves a  bit of travel..and if yer really wanna
spread the word, then yer has ter do a bit of globe trotting.so that is wot
I is doing.

While waiting at the airport in Sinny fer the dreaded United Airlines
flight, McManly (me evil mate in Sinny, who had come pay me an audience) and
I created the foundations of our new religion...

I had been telling him about this wunnerful ole science teacher I had at
school who used ter pose such questions like if there was a hole right
through the middle of the earth and yer dropped a rock down it, wot would
happen to it?

McManly ponders fer a minnit and sez:

"Wot if you dropped a god [note we is talking about gods in general here and
not blaspheming, follks]down the hole?

"Ah, that's obvious." I replies, When the god passed through the middle of
the earth and came out the other side, it would be a dog!"

"Ah..yeah," he agrees, "But wot would the god be in the very middle of the
earth?"

"Simple!" I replies, "The god would be a big fat O..zero!"

"Ah," sez, McManly catching on, "the d and the g would drop off and there
would jes  be the o!"

"Yup," I replies, "The god would jes go backwards and forwards from point to
point through the earth like a yoyo..dog ...o...god...o...dog...!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!" exclaims Mcmanly in a moment of rapture, "The Yoyo of God!"
Wot a wunnerful title fer a book!!"

"It's a new religion," I sez, devoutly.

Now..I am not sure where the red knickers come into the equation, but it is
obvious that they is the vessel of transfer for this new religion...I mean
anything that can shave an hour of that interminable trip ter San Francisco,
jes has ter have miraculous powers doan it!

It were inneresting standing in line fer the check in fer United
Airlines...like all airline queues, it was a mile long. Mcmanly stayed wid
me, until they forcibly ejected him and we chatted our usual nonsense. This
gort some Mercan dude behind us cackling wid laughter and he joined in too.
As we gort closer ter the counter I observed the United airlines staff
communicating wid each passenger:

"Cripes!!!" I exclaims, "They ain't gonna stay employed wid UA fer long!"

"Why not?" The fellers asked.

"They is actually being polite AND friendly AND they is smiling at folks!!!"

This amazing new behaviour of UA staff persisted, even orn the flight...the
attendants were actually cheerful and friendly and even joked a bit...I jes
hope their employers doan find out, cuz it will ruin the airline's
reputation fer having the sourest most menopausal air flight attendants in
the air!

Orn arriving at SFO, I found I hadda have me paw prints printed and me
eyeballs scanned:

"Me eyeballs is all bloodshot," I sez ter the customs leddy, "Woan that
bugger up the scan?"

"No," she sez, giggling...giggling???? Customs dudes wot giggles or laughs
or smiles? Wot is happening in Amerca?!!

As soon as they let me out, I was pounced orn by the Full Moon Warrior
Princess (a loony friend of mine..FMWP fer short), who piled me into her
Mustang and drove me orf ter a mob of vineyards where she applied Chinese
Vino torture, by pouring all these wines down me throat. The only solution
ter this was ter buy a few bottles of wine....hmm..Callyfawynan wines is
definitely improving in quality..another two hunnerd years or so, they might
be almost as good as Aussie wines *snicker*.

We drives as far as a place called Garberville and decides ter stay fer the
night. This place is right out inna boonies, folks. I was worried that they
might not even speak Inglish there. We trotted over ter the local
supermarket (there was only one..I told yers it were a small town) and gits
some provisions. The checkout leddy asks me where I was from. I tells her
Western Orstralia:

"I thought I recognised the accent," she sez, triumphantly, "My daughter
lives in Cottesloe!!!" <-- a beach suburb of Perth.

Bleedin norah!!

The next day we set out fer Oregon...one of my favritist places...FMWP had
never been there afore so I was able ter tell her alla bout it, wot I
proceeded ter do. Now, fer youse armchair travellers, Northern Callyfawyna
and Southern Oregon has two notable thingies..incredible coastlines and
incredible redwood forests...both are spectacularly beautiful and there
ain't nuffink else like em inna world. I has started putting up pics
here...but I is adding to em alla time, so you might wanna bookmark the URL
iffen yer is innerested:
http://public.fotki.com/woofie/woof_pics/rt4/
W:)
PS..Check fer sightings of the red knickers everywhere...