TheBanyanTree: Halfbucks

trebro at att.net trebro at att.net
Thu Jun 2 10:28:05 PDT 2005

Our company made a deal with Starbucks to have their coffee for free in our breakrooms.

This is great for people who like Starbucks.

It's not so great for those, like yours truly, who like to drink their coffee black.

Drinking Starbucks black is roughly equvilent to pouring acid down your throat.  (Don't ask me how I know.)

This put us in quite the fix, as people who like their coffee black are also those most likely to drink more than one cup of coffee per day.

Well, we've come to a consensus on how to fix things, after ruling out bloodless coup.

In order to drink our coffee, we take about 1 part hot water to 1 part Starbucks, and stir.

Now, it's not perfect--it doesn't quite have the right brewing balance--but it's a lot better than stooping to putting in cream and sugar.

My name for it?  Halfbucks!

-Rob