TheBanyanTree: Been awhile...

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Wed Jul 27 08:43:58 PDT 2005

Hello Everyone!

Thought since I had a few minutes before I leave for my big stress test
I'd pop in and let you all know what's been happening on my end.

I have been reading and keeping up with all of you, just haven't been
submitting much.  An occasional 'back at 'cha' comment from time to time
but that's been it.

My son who had the heart attacks is doing pretty good.  He has (of
course) left the Coast Guard and gone to live with my sister.  Mainly
because she is close to Johns Hopkins and they are one of the few
hospitals that have the right doctors to care for him.  His heart
stopped on the table during angioplasty a year ago but they got it going
again.  So far, that has been the last major episode.  he had some
trouble getting the scar to heal due to blood thinners but that too has
finally healed.

The good news is, he has a job and a girlfriend.  The job is at the
Hecht Company ( a sort of grand Filene's) as a sales person.  It's
simple and non-stressful and that's what he needs.  Whitney (the young
lady) is a darling and fits right into our quirky family and we all love
her like crazy.  I got the word that he wants to ask her to marry him
and give her the ring at Christmas.  I gave my blessings.

My younger son is home (again!). He had gone to Florida a while back
and was playing music and actually earning some money doing it but not
enough (am I surprised??) so he got a day job, which he was suppose to
start, when he totaled the car.  Luckily no one was hurt.  The car loan
was paid off with the insurance money (good because I was paying for the
loan) and he is off my insurance (also good, because I was paying for it
while he looked for a day job) and he is working to pay off all the debt
he incurred while playing music.  Well, it was fun while it lasted and
now real life has set in...boy, has it!

Of course, that means he is staying at the house as I am his only
current transportation.  He is making good money so hopefully this won't
last too long.

My grandson (14 years old now) is still with me and things have finally
eased out in that area and I have accepted the fact that he is here to
stay until college.  He's a good boy and has a job doing lawns (saving
for a laptop) and has excellent grades (straight A's except a B in phys
ed), has a girlfriend (hmmmm?) but she is a sweetie and they are
excellent friends.  He goes into the science and engineering program at
the high school in September.

So now at 57 I am attempting to buy a house (the one I am living in).
It is a good thing but this is my first time and I find it is making me
crazy.  What a complicated business.

So wish me well, and hopefully, I will be staying in touch a bit more
now.

Sharon