TheBanyanTree: Star Gazing

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 15 06:58:40 PST 2005

>  I just wish that I
> could find a way to express it.  It’s as if a little window is opened into
> an area of pure, intense, concentrated LIFE and just watching it makes me
> more worthy – more alive.
>
> And that IS the stuff of daydreams and racing pulses.
>
> -sash

This is exactly the reaction music so very often has on me....  There are
times when I can feel the notes pulsing through my system and a joy that is
too huge to put to words just pours from me.  I feel so close to the singer at
that point, a human connection that could nearly compell me to believe we are
friends and if I knocked on their door they'd know me as closely as it feels I
know them.  Surely, we'd cavort.  I sometimes feel this way in front of other
people and have been known to try to explain it.  My emotions whip about so
wildly that the others are caught in the gale and then perhaps we are both or
all of us, or even just me, left with heaving bosom, flushed cheeks and skewed
clothing in a room suddenly too still.  Gazes are locked and truths are known
before curtains fall; our faces were nude for just a moment before the shroud
of politeness returned.

Sometimes it's just a beautiful sight or breathtaking words that illicit the
response.

It's embarrasing.

Maria