TheBanyanTree: Soak Up the Sun

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sat Jan 29 06:05:20 PST 2005

I saw the dark shadows of the cardinals this morning as they hunted for seed
in and beneath our feeders.  They’re usually the first visitors on winter
mornings and the last visitors on cold winter nights.  The males’ bright red
feathers silhouetted against the dull white snow are a joyful sight this
time of year.

Ray and I managed to slog through another week.  His bronchitis is gone and
he’s back to normal.  I went to the club and worked out every morning and of
course, went to my job and continued to slay information system dragons.

I went to the Minnesota Women’s Consortium (http://www.mnwomen.org/) 25th
anniversary dinner and received an award as our organization was one of the
founding groups.  I saw some of our political members there as well.  I must
be moving in higher political circles!

I finally got my haircut this week.  I dread this quarterly task, as I hate
to sit and talk like I’m a teenager as my talented stylist cuts my hair.  I
really like her, but her energy level is about 1,000 times mine.  She moves
in the up and coming social circles and is a part of the Minneapolis club
scene which I’ve long left behind.  I hate aimless chatting, but I’m her
captive audience for at least 30 minutes and I try to pretend I’m as
enthusiastic as she is about party life after 10 pm.

When the full moon was at its zenith and we thought January couldn’t get any
more monotonous, our cruise packet came in the mail.  We’re booked for a
Panama Canal cruise in March.  We got the information about the itinerary
and shore excursions.  We’re making stops in Costa Rica, the Panama Canal,
Cozumel, Belize, and the Grand Cayman.  Our cruise is 10 days long.  We’ll
have four days at sea.

We looked through the shore excursions, marking which ones we wanted to do,
and I’ll make our final selections online before our cruise.  One of the
excursions was described as a “beach break.”  Oh, that sounds so wonderful,
the soft white sand clinging to our feet as we come out of the warm salty
water of the Caribbean.  90 degrees and sunny.  Bathing suits.  Tanned skin.
Good food.  Excellent entertainment.

What delightful thoughts to warm a January chilled heart.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.
--Aristotle