TheBanyanTree: Theory

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 15 07:26:39 PST 2005

I have developed several theories for myself as life has marched along.
Some of them are built from ideas gone awry while others just happened
to me, kind of like bad things happening to good people.  Theories are
rarely evoked from all going well.  I think there are times when I am
dead on and this latest is one of them.  If I could not poke fun at
myself then I suppose I'd have never unearthed this little gem.  I've
shared it at work and now is the perfect time to share it here.  Its
unveiling at this precise moment could be said to have been illicited by
the previous post.

You know Mr. Potato Head?  Little brown, round guy?  He's got all kinds
of accessories with which to be decorated.  He's got hats; I've seen a
cowboy hat and a fedora looking thing.  He's got a mustache or, if you
prefer, he can be clean-shaven.  There are feet and hands and glasses at
the ready for one Mr. Potato Head to adorn his brown, round, rather
lumpy and dumpy body.  Because, no matter what he is festooned with, no
matter what he has sticking off of him to make him better looking,
seemingly more wise or at least more acceptable in the potato community,
one truth remains.

He is still a potato.

Maria