TheBanyanTree: Sad times

John Bailey eniac at btopenworld.com
Sun Jan 9 17:42:46 PST 2005

Sunday January 9, 2005

SAD TIMES

We've known it was coming, of course, getting closer every day. That helps,
a little. But when it comes to it, when a good friend reaches the end of
the journey, it still hurts like hell.

Harry Cat breathed his last today. It was peaceful enough, when it came,
and swift.

And that does it for me for a few days while I sort out my balance once
more. I'll not be writing any details, nor epitaphs, nor exploring how I
feel. Not in public, anyway. Harry wouldn't approve, and neither do I.

For two or three days, though, the three of us in the little house by the
fens need to be quiet, comfort one another, and examine our thoughts.

I'll return shortly.

--

John Bailey   Lincolnshire, England

journal of a writing man: