TheBanyanTree: My Favorite Bartender

Pam North gunnymom at ec.rr.com
Mon Jan 3 18:31:52 PST 2005

This is the story of my very favorite bartender in the whole world.

Actually, I've not really ever met her face-to-face even, but I know she pours a mean Bud, margarita, Sex-On-The-Beach... or whatever the heck it is one feels one craves at the moment.

And trust me, I have met a few bartenders in my day! <gr> (as Sachet would say here)  Some of my most-loved acquaintances draw brew.  But this chick is my favorite!

I met her here by the way.  Well, more precisely, we met at the Spoon.  And she lives on the opposite end of the States from me.  And we hardly ever talk or email or anything.

But I've got a great big warm place in my heart for her, and I'm pretty darn sure she's got one with my name all over it.

So this year, as I wrote, I really sent out Christmas cards.  With a photo, and a newsy letter.

And when I was going through my address book, well whose name should pop up but hers!  Gee, I didn't even know I actually had a snail mail addy for her!  But, gosh!  Why don't I just send a card her way as well??  Won't she be surprised?!

I was all proud of myself.  I couldn't wait to hear back from her about the card and my kids' photo...

Today I got her card back from the post office with one of those big, ugly black stamped pointy fingers, pointing right at my address 'cause hers wasn't any good anymore.

I'm bummed.

Pam