TheBanyanTree: SCEN (Situation Chaos, Everything Normal)

Laura wolfljsh at insightbb.com
Mon Feb 28 13:39:58 PST 2005

We had just pretty much gotten the house in usable order after having new
carpet put in the living room and hallway back before Christmas.  Then on
Monday last, we had them put in the new carpet in all three bedrooms.
The only way they could get it all done at anywhere near the same time
was to do it all in one day.  So, we spent the weekend packing up books
and games and clothes and videos and bookcases and dressers and tvs and
stereos and beds and bedclothes and all the other miscellaneous stuff
that collects in bedrooms, and moving it all downstairs or into the
kitchen.  <sigh>

So this week we've spent our time in the not altogether productive task
of standing around looking at the mess, wondering what the hell we're
gonna do with all of it.

5 old cheapy bookcases went to Goodwill.  Two good sized boxes of books
are going to the library (eventually.  they are still in the van at this
point).  Two boxes of old beat up books went in the trash.  About half a
ton of broken, unfixable toys also went in the trash.  Everything else is
still sitting around in boxes.  <sigh, again>

It's starting to make the spouse crazy.  He's spent the last couple of
days moving boxes around downstairs.  The one thing I asked was for him
to please not block the closet the washer and drier are in.  Well.  He
didn't put boxes in front of it.  Just all of the clothes, baskets, and
the two three-part sorters.  I couldn't even GET to the doors, much less
open them.  <big martyred sigh>  I just shoved them all back out into the
middle of the room.  Hmmm... I haven't been down there today yet, I may
have to move them again!

Anyway, he's now got most of the books that were in boxes downstairs out
and on bookshelves.  Which we are going to move again when the new
furniture gets here (still waiting on the same furniture we ordered in
December.  supposedly, it will be here next week).  I told him I thought
it was a bit premature to be putting everything out only to have to box
it back up and move it again later, but I just got a "get out of the way"
look and wave.

So, if it makes him happy to move the boxes of books twice, I'll let him.
 No skin off my back.  <rolling eyes>

The carpet is lovely.  It's the exact same carpet we got in the living
room and hall, but in blue instead of brown.  Sorry, it's not "brown",
it's "Indian Spice".  Yeah, whatever, it's brown.  ;o)

Oh, anybody need a cat?  PixelCat has decided he doesn't like any of the
new rugs or carpets.  We spent a week trying to track down the pee smell
in the living room.  It was the new rug I put in front of the door.  I
had to throw it away.  One morning we went into the master bath only to
discover that both BRAND NEW rugs were completely soaked with urine.
Later, I found that the rug in front of the downstairs door was soaked.
THEN, I got the vacuum out of the front closet, and the new rug there was
dry.  When I put it back 45 minutes later, someone had peed on it.  We
didn't know which cat was doing it!  The last straw was when, not even 24
hours after we got the new bedroom carpet in, the boys were in my room
playing video games, and Pixel strolled in, went to the corner of the
room, looked right at them, and pissed.

On my brand new carpet. <AAAAAAAaaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhh!>

Pixel now lives in a box by night and outside by day.  But he hates it,
and trys to run in (so he can pee on my carpet!) every time you open the
door.  We don't want to put him to sleep, but we're afraid that the
humane society won't be able to adopt him out, because he's 9 years old.

Now you know what I've been doing the last two weeks.  Not that it looks
like I've done a *thing* - it's just taken up all my time not doing it.

Wolfie
--
Laura
wolfljsh at insightbb.com