TheBanyanTree: Buttercup takes off her clothes

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sat Feb 5 15:11:42 PST 2005

Buttercup had taken all her "clothes" off again, some time during the cool
night. This morning when I went to feed her, there she was in the morning fog,
her wraps in a dusty heap on the ground.

Before I go much further, I will explain by telling you that Buttercup is a
Miniature horse. She stands twenty-six and one half inches tall, the biggest
she will ever be.  We are taking her to the State Fair, and so last week we
"body-clipped" her, which means we shave off all her winter fuzz, down to a sleek
coat.

It gets chilly here. Not like the sub-zero of the northern states, but chilly
for Florida. So, we  cover her at night.  A friend made her a "Bratz' printed
horse blanket. I don't know if she likes it or not. Probably not, for every
morning it's off and in the dust.

Yet, she likes it when we put it on her, standing still while we adjust the
velcro straps. Not at all like Tally who bucks and runs when we put his blanket
on him. He's fine when it is finally in place, and it is still on him in the
morning. Maybe it's like putting pajamas on an active little boy who doesn't
want to go to bed.

I put Buttercup's blanket on her again just  a little while ago, when I gave
her and the rest of the Miniatures their dinner. I'll check on her before I go
to bed, and it will still be on her. But, I bet tomorrow morning, it will
once again be off and in the sand of her stall.

NancyLee