TheBanyanTree: Fwd: Re: Change of Meds

Tobie Shapiro tobie at shpilchas.net
Fri Dec 2 08:22:39 PST 2005

December 2, 2000005

Dear Tree of Life,

	Remember Change of Meds?  I talked about my son, Meyshe,
going through a suicidal phase, changing the medication he takes and
the transformation in him, which was illustrated with an essay on
Thanksgiving that he called, "Happiness".   Well, I got a few
author, was forwarded to Meyshe so that he could see how he has an
impact on people.  He is therefore NOT impotent to affect the world.
It did him good, and he sent me the following message:

>November 30th, 2005
>
>Dear Mother,
>
>I feel touched by that woman's words!  Can you please send me some
>more comments from other people about my essay?  I'd really
>appreciate it, Mama!
>
>Yours,
>Meyshe
	Could I ask a favour?  Could anyone who was moved by Meyshe's
essay please write to me.  Send comments so that I can help heal my
boy.  This would do so much for his self-esteem, for his vision of
life, for his fortitude in facing a world that often doesn't
understand him, and frequently frightens him.  I am posting his essay
again so that you can see it.   It is below.  I thank you for all
your comments and your hearts and concern.  I really thank you.  This
is so important.

                                   uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

	Happiness

	What am I thankful for?  Well, I am satisfied that I have a
personality which is loving, a sense of justice, selfless, and very
intelligent.  I am an Artist, Musician, and a Writer.  I have a
family that cares for me; friends to help me; and living in the San
Francisco Bay Area.  I want to be an advocate for social and
environmental justice.  I have a good sense of humor.  I have several
interests!  I have so much knowledge.  I'm not macho!  I'm happy
about the fact that so many universities, libraries, museums, and
other places that are open to me, waiting for me to come to them.
So, when I go to college, I'd choose the Arts, Geography, History,
Anthropology, and Languages e.g. Latin, Greek, German, French,
Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Tibetan, Hebrew, Arabic,
and Scandinavian, and Ecology.

	I'm also grateful that people of all ages, races, cultural,
ethnic, and political background, sexual orientation, religion, and
all others live here in close harmony.  Who knows?  Maybe I can share
my knowledge to the next generation and make a difference.  Oh, if
only I can help the United States and the World right now?!  I love
the Earth!  That's what I'm thankful for:  For the whole Earth and
Humanity!  Why should I compare myself to others?  Why can't we all
be thankful that we're here on the planet?!!

	uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

	And I hope I haven't annoyed anyone.

	Love,

	and thanksgiving,

	Tobie