TheBanyanTree: Sunny and Dry at This Moment

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at earthlink.net
Mon May 31 05:20:29 PDT 2004

At this very second the sun is shining in all its glory.  I can see the blue
sky.  I don’t hear rain splashing against the roof.  The ground needs a few
minutes to dry out.

I can’t remember a period of time where it has rained so much.  Sure, we
were in a drought last year, but it seems like nature is trying to make up
the difference in one big gulp.

It’s been a cold, rainy and miserable spring.  We’ve had a few nice days,
but most of our days have been rainy or if it’s not raining, cool or even
downright cold.  I’m still wearing a jacket  when I have to go somewhere.

I haven’t begun to plant a garden, one reason is because of a possible move,
and the other reason because of constant rain.

The sun came out late yesterday afternoon.  While Ray was fixing something,
I cut the knee length grass in front of the house.  Then I did the trimming.
I put the lawn mower back into the garage, went into the house, and it began
pouring.  Talk about good timing!

Later, we cuddled up on the couch like it was below zero and snowing
outside.  What happened to summer?

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at earthlink.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun.
Enjoy the trip.
  ~Author Unknown