TheBanyanTree: Happy Birthday

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at earthlink.net
Mon May 17 06:09:26 PDT 2004

Happy Birthday to me!  I’m 49, standing on the edge of 50.  My life at this
moment is OK.  I have a good man at my side.  My son is doing fairly well.
My son’s girlfriend has a job that she likes and takes seriously.  I have
two fantastic grandsons.

I have a decent paying job which I hate, but I’ve been looking around for
another one.  I try to send out at least one resume a week.  I’ve done a
small bit of networking.  The only call I’ve had is about a job that pays
less than half of what I make now.  I just can’t take that big of a pay cut.
So I stay and try to deal with my alcoholic coworkers the best I can and
keep looking.

Ray’s cleaned out the garage, but my de-cluttering has stalled.  As I’ve
roamed the internet looking for an affordable house, I just haven’t seen any
that’s worth giving up my house for.  So we sit with a clean garage, but a
cluttered house.

I made a concentrated effort yesterday to find a house and I think I might
have found one in my old home town.  I’ll call our agent and set up a
viewing.  If it’s the right house, that might motivate me to sell my own.  I
want to know I have somewhere to move before trying to sell our house.

I took the day off of work to thoroughly enjoy my birthday.  I’ll go to work
out.  I’m going to renew my driver’s license.  I’ll stop at the scrapbook
store and buy stuff for my 2003 cruise scrapbook.  I get a free tanning
session today, so I’ll lay under the lights.  I’ll buy Chinese food for
lunch and gorge myself.

The afternoon will speed by and pretty soon the news will be on, then
dinner, then I’ll begin the process of winding down to prepare for a return
to work the next day.  The countdown to 50 begins.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at earthlink.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun.
Enjoy the trip.
  ~Author Unknown