TheBanyanTree: Inspirational writing opportunity

Red Pepper anita at redpepper.net.au
Tue May 4 02:06:14 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I saw this in a reputable trade newsletter and thought that there would
be many people on this list who are capable of writing submissions.
Have a go!

Cheers,
Anita
-----------------------------------
CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE GRANDMA'S SOUL SEEKS STORIES (pays $200)

Grandmas have blessed all our lives; now you can join us in
blessing theirs. We invite you to contribute a true story, article,
or anecdote that will bring hope and happiness to those who
caressed us with their hands, hearts and souls. Chicken Soup
for the Grandma's Soul will celebrate the love and joy only a
grandma can know. By sharing special moments, from tender
to testy to traumatic, these stories will honor grandmothers
around the world.

Topics will include:

Sage Advise
Tender Moments
Celebrating with Grandma
Legacies and Heirlooms
Substitute Grandma
Long Distance Grandma
To Grandma's House We Go!
Tradition!
Raised By Grandma
Generations of Love
Fun with Grandma
Through the Eyes of a Child

We're looking for inspirational, true stories, 1000 words or less,
that will make readers laugh, cry, or sigh. Stories should be
positive, universal, and non-controversial. The "point" or
"message" should be evident without preaching. No essays,
commentaries, tributes, philosophical or biographical pieces
will be accepted.

You may submit more than one story, whether original or a
favorite from magazines, newspapers, or other sources. For
each story selected in the book, a 50-word biography will be
included about the author and a permission fee of $200 will be
paid. The submission deadline is July 1, 2004.

Email submissions are strongly preferred. Send stories with
your name, address and phone on the manuscript to our
Editorial Assistant, D'ette, at
Dcorona at chickensoupforthesoul.com. If unable to email,
please send a hard copy (and on disk if possible) c/o Chicken
Soup for the Grandma's Soul to 25321 Heather Vale St.
Saugus CA 91350. Information and a sample story are
available at www.LeAnnThieman.com. Due to the volume of
stories we receive, we are unable to respond to each
contribution. Finalist, only, will be notified prior to publication.

Thank you for joining us in touching the hearts and rekindling
the spirits of millions of grandmas everywhere. We look forward
to getting your stories soon.

Sincerely,
Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and LeAnn Thieman