TheBanyanTree: C is for Cookie!

trebro at att.net trebro at att.net
Sat May 1 22:37:11 PDT 2004

So Liz needed someone to help bring a snack for after church later today, and since it was getting late, I suggested that we do it this week, and make something, like brownies.

We settled on cookies instead, because, well, they're cookies!  :)

A quick trip to the grocery store got us everything we needed--different kinds of chips, flour, sugar, butter, and whatever else we needed.  We probably duplicated some stuff from home, but neither of us wanted to take that chance.

We started off with a double-batch of standard chocolate chips, switching off on mixing duties while the other one cleaned up in the kitchen.  Once it was done, we each worked on stuff, and came back to make nifty little balls of varying shape and size.  (To my mind, that's the way to prove they're homemade cookies--no two look alike.)  That took a LONG time, or, as I mentioned at one point, our lives were slipping away 8 minutes at a time.

Next came the peanut butter & chocolate chips.  Starting to get tired, I made silly blender noises and played with the machine during the mixing.  I'm so easily amused.  We only made one batch of those, and were careful to keep them separate, in case anyone's allergic.

It was a fun night for Liz and I, and a nice end to a rather long Saturday.

-Rob
PS:  Yes, we simply HAD to sample a few. Can't be serving bad tasting cookies, right?