TheBanyanTree: Baby Sara

Gloria gloriab at voyager.net
Sat Jun 12 19:30:44 PDT 2004

I have just shared 24+ hours of sheer bliss with people very close to me, and I feel honored to have been invited.

We began preparing for this event months ago.  My best friend's daughter, Patti Jean, (named after dear Aunt Gloria Jean here) gave birth to Sara Ann this morning.

Seems we are always reminded of miracles when we're witnessing a birth.  Incredible, fascinating, and beautiful, are words that only begin to describe the experience.  I have never seen a woman in labor and delivery remain so quiet.  Nary a sound, other than the slow, inhaling and exhaling of breath as the time of birth drew near.  Ever so focused on the task at hand with the knowing that the face of her precious baby girl would soon be revealed.

I'm in awe and filled with delight for the two of them.  A beautiful baby girl with a head of black wavy hair and her 19 yr old Mother are just beginning to understand the power of unconditional love.  I wish only the very best for the both of them.

Hip-hip-hooray!
Glo