TheBanyanTree: Strange twisted conversation

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Wed Jul 21 12:03:25 PDT 2004

Today I started having a swift conversation with my daughter who works
for a company at which she can get me a real-deal on a new cell phone
(since mine is now formally pronounced DEAD!).

She was trying to get me to look at a particular link to pick out the
phone and the package I wanted.....the conversation quickly deviated
from its original intent.  Thought you might like to share a smile with
me....the conversation is below....names have been removed for actually
no real reason..."J" represents my daughter...and you guessed it...I'm
Mom.

P.S.  I am a non-smoker and have been for 30 some years.

*********************************

Ah f**k!! I just tried that link and it's not working....Let me get it
taken care of for you....you want a flip type phone or the "one piece"
model? How many minutes do you use per month? See equipment and rate
plans on the attached...just pick what  you want and I will get it set
up...Call me if you have questions on the rates....

***************************

Flip type is what I like....will they bill me for the phone or should
send it to you?

Mom

*********************

I can bill the equipment to the account like we did last time.....

***************************

Cool!!  Would like a plug for the car and a head-set if they are not
too
expensive.  Mass is getting close to banning hand-held in the
cars...already we can't smoke ANYWHERE!  Good ole' Romney is a busy
boy!

Mom

***********************

Smokers are second class citizen's...it's funny all those self
righteous
do gooders...don't they realize the tobacco industry is the backbone
of
the U.S. economy...they should be kissing my feet for being a smoker!

Did you look at the equipment spreadsheet...there are a couple of
choices depending on how much $$ you want to spend...let me know...

*********

You got it, baby.  I HATE the government mixing in with my PERSONAL
choices like seatbelts, cigarettes and soon to be.... my FAT!!!!  I
won't
even be able to go to Mickey D's for a good greasy sandwich anymore
when
I want to.  Pretty soon you'll have to be 21 just to enter the damn
place and then they'll make you use your library card to purchase your
food
with so they can track you and if you eat too many greasy sandwiches
they'll come and get you as an enemy of the country and God forbid we'd
be at war at the time...I would NEVER get to see a lawyer.  Hey, maybe
that will be a new law
specialty.....Fast Food litigation!

I think I'm rambling here!

I'll look again as soon as I get off this damn soapbox I'm dancing on!

Mom

Me too!!!

THE END!