TheBanyanTree: Motivate me!

Monique monique.ybs at verizon.net
Sat Jul 17 10:39:58 PDT 2004

Will someone please help me get motivated to do this work that's sitting in
front of me and staring at me so that I feel not only guilty that it isn't
done, but overwhelmed at the prospect of it . . . not that I don't LOVE my
work, cuz I most certainly do, especially when it consists of recreating
many transactions for the entire year in order to merge two files into one
but by creating an entirely new file and there's so many numbers and, to be
honest, I don't understand what these people are doing all the time because
some of their transactions, that I must recreate, don't many any sense to
me, but at this phase I'm not needing to CORRECT anything, just recreate it
just the way it was done but it still bugs me, you know, how I can't fix it
but the new file has to match the old file exactly, other than accounts
receivable, which won't and never will, not until September when I merge A/R
into the newly created file with balances forward from then which will be
the only difference in the file, integrated A/R functions being something
they have been seriously lacking for years, which is why they called me, and
yeah, I said, sure, sounds like fun, I do like to solve problems, but
whatever could I have been thinking, it's as if I thought this would be a
GOOD idea, and I suppose it is, because they're paying me to do it, and
that's always a good idea, always, right? But at the same time, I wish there
were an easier way but I've looked at so many different ways to do this to
get the best and most accurate results and this is the prize winner, said
prize consisting of nothing more than a few words on the page saying, "Yep,
we tried this, we looked at that, we tested this other method, but in the
end, the best solutions is this one right here, but at least it's then a
DIRECTION to go in, instead of the back-and-forth that we were earlier
dealing in, in which I'd say, "We need to do this, (or that)," and they'd
say, "Oh! Great idea! Let's do that," then later say, "Oh, that won't work,
and here's why . . . " which about drove me to distraction but at least we
HAVE a direction now, I just have to do it and I need to do it now because I
have several other projects waiting to be done this weekend also, between my
business and my new position and whatever else it is I'm trying to get done
and the faster I work, the more money I collect and the faster I get out of
debt, but somedays I just wanna sit here and watch the Food Network and
forget about numbers.

Monique