TheBanyanTree: My, how time flies!

Janie Rubin granatee at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 20 14:49:03 PST 2004

Perhaps some must have thought "wonder what ever became of Whatshername, you
know the one...crazy woman who wrote Florida stuff?" More than likely the
majority though don't know who the heck writes this query. Well, been here
the whole time, just asleep in a little cave up under the roots of the
Banyan Tree.

Lots of news from this end of the world including the addition of a beloved
grandchild since last I wrote. Been on a few travels here and there
including a cross country jaunt north, west and south on a train for 3
weeks. Can't figure out why folks would prefer to cram themselves into tiny
airplane seats and crowded airports to travel when the trains are so much
more comfortable.

Don't send much E mail these days. Life has its twists and turns. Arthritis.
Nasty stuff. Isn't conducive to spending time at a keyboard just whenever
the muse comes along. So the stories are all still percolating up in the old
brain. They just never manage to make it onto paper...screen...whatever.

So what's my history with some of the fine folks here? Sat around a smoky
campfire with the best of them. But where there's smoke, etc., etc.... Sure
had some great times at the Spoon. Best part of all of it was I got to meet
many face to face and missed out on ever meeting others. Held candles one
Halloween night a lifetime ago and howled for loss of a friend. Cried long
and loud even before that for loss of another one. Thought it poetic justice
that we celebrated Youngblood's life on Halloween because that was the
favorite holiday of Terry's. It was his birthday. I felt personally cheated
when Terry left us because I was planning a meeting with him and his family
and me and mine that didn't get to happen. I still have his E mail marked in
my address book.

So when the Spoon closed, I was ready to climb up into the Banyan Tree.
Instead I fell asleep at its roots.

Love to those who know me and those who don't.
Janie