TheBanyanTree: ok, Tree... need your input, pleast

Sheri Baity crowfly at ptd.net
Wed Feb 25 06:11:43 PST 2004

I have been offered a position, but need to send a Bio... never done this before.  Would really appreciate your help on this.

Sheri L. Baity

Crow Woman

Crowfly at ptd.net

Hello Mr. Tad Brown,

As per your phone conversation with Ronnie Robison of Orange, Texas.

My name is Sheri L. Baity or otherwise known as Crow Woman. I live on a 270 acre working dairy farm in Covington, Pennsylvania. Since joining in with this family, I have been exposed to the hunting world. That all started in 1993 for me.

Much of my hunting experiences have been self taught and self mistakes. The journey that I have been traveling has been exciting, hard work but also gratifying with success. I have spent countless hours, months, years out in the wild observing the animals that I hunt, often times, not pulling the trigger, but to watch, look and listen how they communicate among each other. Some might think this to be wasted time, I, however, consider this the best training class I could ever attend in the entire world.

My hunting success are many, from groundhogs to turkeys, deer to bear, fox to my greatest challenges, The Wiley Coyote. There is nothing, more challenging in my life, that I have found when it comes to hunting the Eastern Coyote. Through this experience, I have been fortunate to try many types of calls from closed reed to open reed. From manufactured calls to home made calls and even trying my own vocals have been used with success. Turkey calls to crow calls to even the old stand by rabbit in distress are just to top a few of the variety of sounds I use.

I start my process off locating the coyotes as in, where they start up at night and where they bed down at the following morning, by communicating in simple barks to get them to include me in their community talk. With each area I hunt in, my first bit of homework involved is to find what animals the coyotes are feeding off of and then I focus on that animals distress sound and use that to my advantage. I hope this gives you a general idea of my hunting practices and methods.

I would also like to say, I have just recently been invited to speak at the new Cabela's store in Hamburg, Pennsylvania by the PPHA (Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association), on February 1st of this year. While the club was expecting to top 40 people, the turn out of hunters turned in to 110 people showing up. This result turned into two talks instead of one to accommodate everyone.

I am currently waiting to hear from Gander Mountain store in Scranton, Pennsylvania for the same type of seminar in their store before the coyote season ends. Their hopes are to have the same success in the amount of people showing up, that their competitor had.

My hunting experience does not end there. I am also a published author of a book titled "Coyote Hunting Farm Style." This is a 77 page book with stories of some of my hunts and a basic guide for hunters just starting out in this arena and what has worked for me in my area. I am quickly selling on my second reprint of this book.

I also have under my writing genre a published article in the July 2000 issue of Fur-Fish-Game and a recent story in Predator Xtreme February 2004 issue. I am a correspondent for the local newspaper, covering events and photography. My bi-line can be found on line with the Tioga Publishing Company in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania. A small weekly paper, but none the less, it keeps my writing active.

I have also hunted in Montana and am currently holding a plane ticket to hunt with Ronnie Robison in May, down in Texas, which I have a feeling will be my best time ever spent in hunting.

I am looking forward to this opportunity. I thrive for new challenges in my life as well as new paths to explore. Until we speak, thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Sheri L. Baity

http://www.coldnosed.com/farmstyle.htm