TheBanyanTree: Spring is Here

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 17 06:06:18 PDT 2004

My winter coats are in the closet and will remain there until I take them to
the dry cleaners.  I can now wash my hat, scarf, and mittens.  I can put our
boots away.  Winter is really over.  It’s like a subtle change in air
pressure.  Even if it’s chilly, the air has a lighter, happier feel to it,
and that’s why I know winter is gone.

It’s a dry spring.  We need rain desperately.  We got a lot of snow this
winter, but we need the April showers otherwise May flowers will be subject
to a water ban.

But in spite of no rain, the grass is greening up.  The greenish tinge on
top of the trees is becoming a solid green as the leaves are starting to pop
out.

Kids are outside playing, at least, until it gets hot, and then everyone
migrates into their air conditioned houses.

I have to get my bike tuned up, because this year I’m really going to ride
the darn thing and not just think about it.

My oldest grandson is going to turn 5 this week.  We’re going to the big
city of Minneapolis and celebrate.  We’re going to stay at the hotel with
the water park and frolic in the fountains all night long.  We’re going to
wander the streets and take in the energy of the city.  We’re going to
celebrate this very special birthday in style.

And I won’t have to wear a winter coat.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at earthlink.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

The stars shall fade away, the sun himself
Grow dim with age, and Nature sink in years;
But thou shalt flourish in immortal youth,
Unhurt amid the war of elements,
The wreck of matter, and the crush of worlds.
~Joseph Addison