TheBanyanTree: Daylight Savings Time

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 4 06:17:34 PDT 2004

We’re an hour ahead and I’m already an hour behind.  It will take me a few
days to catch up with the clock.

I decided to ignore time and sleep in on my own schedule.  So I’m up and at
them like normal, but I’m late.

My day is stacked up like a line of dominoes.  Shower, breakfast, read the
paper, clean up kitchen, take boys to the circus, home and dinner, work on a
client’s resume, watch Golden Gopher Women’s Basketball, and the anxiety
attacks I’ll have as they play UConn tonight in the Final Four.  If one of
those dominoes falls over, the rest of the line falls over, too, and the day
will take on a life of its own.  I’m already late.

But the longer sunlight hours mean I can begin the arduous process of raking
the yard tomorrow night.  The ground is dry enough, all the oak leaves are
now off the trees, and it’s warm enough to begin to expose my gardens and
let those little perennials get some sun.

Ray made a good dent in cleaning and organizing the garage this weekend.
After I get the yard under control, I’ll make arrangements for a dumpster to
sit in our driveway, and we can really begin to throw out all the junk we
don’t need.

Now Ray and I can begin our after dinner ritual of walking the dogs through
the neighborhood and greet the children and adults who like us have been in
hibernation waiting for extended daylight hours.

And like me, are probably late this morning, too.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at earthlink.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

The stars shall fade away, the sun himself
Grow dim with age, and Nature sink in years;
But thou shalt flourish in immortal youth,
Unhurt amid the war of elements,
The wreck of matter, and the crush of worlds.
~Joseph Addison