TheBanyanTree: the good, the bad and the downright annoying....

Sachet sachet at iline.com
Sun Sep 21 13:28:47 PDT 2003

It started when they were wee kidlets. We began with the classic
childhood movies. "Bambi", "Snow White", "Beauty and the Beast" (my
personal fav), etc. As they grew older we moved on to "The King & I",
"Seven Brides for Seven Brothers", "My Fair Lady", etc.

It's been fun the past few years to enjoy chick flicks with Chelsea and
to introduce her to my two favorite love stories - "Ghost" and "City of
Angels". And then with Zach to learn all about hobbits as we watched
"Lord of the Rings". I've gotten a special kick out of watching Jim and
Zach bond over all the old James Bond movies. (Yes, that pun was
intended. How could I resist? <g>)

A few weeks ago, one of the TV stations had a Clint Eastwood marathon
featuring his old westerns. I was watching "The Good, the Bad, and the
Ugly" and Chelsea popped in to see what I was watching. She soon became
fascinated with it, especially since I kept adding comments....about his
trademark way of talking, his unique squint and the haunting music that
ALWAYS plays in any Clint Eastwood western.

So.

All this past week, I hear her whistling it and adding a
"waa-waa-waaaaaaaaa-wa" at the end. The first time it was cute. I
thought to myself that it was amusing to have yet another generation of
Clint Eastwood fans able to recognize that music and to get it
helplessly stuck in THEIR heads, making them feel compelled to try and
reproduce it. And you KNOW that no one can!

By the 4th or 5th time it wasn't so cute. Because by that time it was
now stuck in MY head and I found myself unconsciously whistling it and
trying to get the ending to sound just right. So now everyone in the
household is living with the threat that if I hear it one more steekin'
time, I will teach them the meaning of yet another Clint Eastwood-ism.
The one from his Dirty Harry days. The one that makes such a perfect
threat. <g> Especially, if you clinch your teeth and squint your eyes.

Go ahead.....make my day.

<huge grins>

....Sachet