TheBanyanTree: Taking a stand.

John Neilson ESQUIREDAD at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 28 20:01:25 PST 2003

To all who read the Banyan Tree Message post.
I have heard from a number of members who have expressed their opinion to me
privately that they dislike intensly the "Christian" propaganda that is
increasingly broadcast on this network of people who appreciate the stories
of others who enjoy writing. Many of them have emailed me privately that
they do not want to publicize their opinions for fear of retaliation.
Personally, I don't give a damn what you think of my posts. I just want you
who espouse the religious crap that you present to know that a number of us
strongly resent it. If you want to present your religious views please go to
sites that will be more receptive to your opinions and recognise that
many........most (?) of us do not agree with you.  We find your biased
opinions offensive.
There are Jews, Moslems, Buddhists, non conformists, all sorts of people who
read the Banyan Tree who do not think like evangelical christians. We do not
care about, nor agree with,  your views of what God does or does not want to
happen in this world. Some of us think that you are flat wrong in your
interpretations of God's purpose.  We think that you are entitled to your
opinions, but The Banyan Tree is not the place to express them.
Please, from here on in, take your material to a place more receptive to
your point of view.
If you want to debate me feel free to bring it on. I am a Seminary graduate.
I have studied the scriptures in Greek and Hebrew, and have forgotten more
about the Bible than most of you will ever know. I am an ordained Baptist
minister, retired.
If you request that I resign my membership with this prestigious
organization I will gladly do so. Just let me know.
John Neilson