TheBanyanTree: A Pink Floyd Administrative thing

paul paul at remsset.com
Tue Oct 7 22:01:16 PDT 2003

Is there anybody out there?

Seems pretty quiet.  Why?

We seem to be running OK on a new version of Mailman.  Sure, as expected the
upgrade wiped out my changes to the web pages.... well, to the pages I could
change.  I'll fix what I can in the next few days.

One new option is "Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text?"
Yes!  I turned that On.

It's not that I don't appreciate a delicately textured wallpaper with
complementary colored text in an e-mail, it's that HTML mail is pretty much
illegible for the folks that still use things like "Pine" or "Telnet" to read
mail.  Also, the digest in "Plain Text" is hard to read.  Of what do I babble?
Oh, open any web page and View / Source.   There you go....

Also, your words are the story, not wallpaper or animated smiley faces.

For folks that connect to their ISP over a barbwire fence phone line, the
message size will be tend to be smaller.

So there you go, the big change so far is that all messages will be converted
to plain text.  And, if you do get a virus, when it sends to the Tree,
hopefully any attachments will be discarded.

Send any comments to the admin address.  Or to me.    Seems the old admin
address has changed and I'm just a bit too dull today to figure out the new
one.

Hey, got a story?  Sure you do.  Don't worry about it being a perfect story or
poem... jsut run yer spel cheker b4 u send.

paul  :  off to dream of flying animals
   http://remsset.com

   People will accept your ideas much more readily if
   you tell them that Benjamin Franklin said it first.