TheBanyanTree: The Day the President Died

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sun Nov 23 09:29:47 PST 2003

My wedding anniversary is November 22. My fifth anniversay was November 22,
1963.  We had planned for ages, reserved space at a very popular and expensive
restaurant (with band and dance floor) for our celebration. We planned flowers
and a big cake and a special menu, and spent the morning decorating the
place. A dozen friends and family planned to join us. It would be a blast.

You can well imagine the actual "party" that evening.

My mother and grandmother cried at my wedding. EVERYONE was crying at our
fifth wedding anniversary celebration.

Every year since, the anniversary was not the joyous occasion it might have
been.  This year was my last wedding anniversary.  After all these years, we're
calling it quits. November 22 is not a good day for anyone.

NancyLee