TheBanyanTree: Medicine Blanket

Sheri Baity crowfly at ptd.net
Tue Nov 11 07:32:33 PST 2003

I was so sick... I could not sleep.  Tossing and turning was all that was available.  It was not too cold or too hot although the fever in my head was trying to tell me differantly.

The clock was quickly ticking by as I lay there.  Finally I prayed to Creator... I prayed to my family and friends crossed over... I prayed to my Guides and animals.  As quickly as those prayers of hope of sleeping left, my eyes closed once again for the millionth time or so I felt.

I was finally asleep.  I woke an hour and a half later to the most beautiful memory ever.  I remembered...

I was with my Father, we were laying on seperate cots facing each other.  He was covered with a white blanket and I with a blue.  He never spoke, he only smiled at me, but somehow, I knew of his words and comfort.  I awoke in my travels and said, "I know... it's time for me to go."  He only smiled back as if to say I was correct.  I said, "I suppose you need this healing blanket back?"  His words came to me as a yes that I need to leave it with him.  "I know I can't take it with me, but thank you for the help.  I finally slept," as I rolled it back up and handed it to him.

And then I woke up and thanked him for his help and for remembering and giving me healing and a calming peace.  On an hour and a half of sleep spent under the care of my Dad, that healing blanket gave me incredible energy for three days to follow.

It just amazes me how each time I need my Dad the most, he is just around the corner waiting.  Thank You Dad...I Love You!

May all the tree dwellers find their medicine blanket at arms reach.  You may be surprised at who is there to hand it to you... smiles

Da-Na-Ho
Fly Crow Fly
Crow Woman

http://www.coldnosed.com/farmstyle.htm