TheBanyanTree: Let Me Count the Ways

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sun May 4 16:24:04 PDT 2003

Tobie,

I've been on the ledge, that's why it's still warm when you sit there,
contemplating space.

I have a tree, and it's my most stable and supportive companion. I have a
tree, and I'm a tree hugger, for it's stronger and more everlasting than my
worst funk. It's been hit by lightening, and has a great scar slashing down
the side of it, bark black and ripped open, revealing damp wood. Ants live
there, running up and down for some purpose yet to be known. Wind breaks
mighty branches, leaving jagged stubs. Still, it stands, fully leaved,
bearing fruit, strudy yet for a hundred years.

It it can do it, so can I.

NancyLee