TheBanyanTree: Canberra is Cool!! 24-6-03

LaRose Karr rosiebay at kci.net
Thu Jun 26 07:28:43 PDT 2003

interests in horse racing, prostitution, gambling and illegal alcohol sales)
did our Phar Lap down because they didn't want him to win everything.  The
story is that they may have done it by spraying poison on his pasture.  At
least that's what the newspaper article said.  Me, I know nothing.

Janice

Now I can rest in peace (pun intended) now that I know what really happened
to Phar Lap.  Hey, I answered a trivia question at my ladies gym the other
day.  It asked what country has the most shoreline?  I said Australia.  I
know, I know, I'm geographically ignert... what country do all you
knowledgeable folks think it is?  Also, what country changed it's name to
Sri Lanka in the early 1970's?

LaRose
belated mourner of Phar Lap and geographically challenged Mercan

            TheBanyanTree
  post to: TheBanyanTree at remsset.com
site: http://remsset.com/thebanyantree