TheBanyanTree: A Golden Oldie!

MFV Gourmet at chisp.net
Tue Jun 17 22:59:51 PDT 2003

A young lady here in the Tree who shall now and forever more remain nameless
has asked me twice in the recent past if I would rerun the truely inspiring story about my picking my nose, so as she constantly delights me when I'm here and purposely chooses a particular branch to sit upon, apparently because it's just above the one that I usually sit on, and if I turn my head just so and arch my back, pretending I'm scratching it,  I can look right up her. . .well anyway, I usually get constantly
delighted, so for her and the rest of you as well If you've been very, very good, I'll tell you about a dream I had last week, which was all about me picking my nose.

          There I was standing in front of this really expensive store, like on Rodeo or Beverly Drive in Bev Hills, and in the window, arranged on little squnched-up piles of black velvet are all these noses; big ones, and little ones, and flat ones. Mighty Patrician ones, and atrocious Neanderthal ones,  and I'm pointing at them all saying "Yes, YES! THAT one; the one that...No! NO! maybe the one with the wart on it. Then again, that big RED one might do! Of course the mauve one is nice, too!"

          I was having a wonderful time just picking (and rejecting) away, when this rather large powder-blue elephant came lumbering up and abruptly pulled a sharp "90" to the right; entered the store, and before HE could pick a new nose...I woke up. I wonder what it all means. I wonder what Freud would make of it. I wonder! Then again I'm probably too Jung to know. . .

                                                         -MartyV