TheBanyanTree: ack, oy, alas

LaRose Karr rosiebay at kci.net
Sun Jul 13 20:36:24 PDT 2003

Sachet, don't be discouraged or overwhelmed. I don't know what your
manuscript is about, but I suggest purchasing a writers market guide.  Find
publishers that accept manuscripts without the benefit of an agent.

I write for the Christian Book Association which means that when I seek an
agent, it will be one that sells to their association.  For other books, I'm
sure that is the ABA.

The agents I know will take referrals.  Do you have a published friend who
would refer you to an established agent?

I'm sure there are agents out there who work without referrals. And there
are publishers who take a percentage of unsolicited manuscripts each year.
Seek till you find.

Best wishes,
LaRose