TheBanyanTree: Possibilities....

Sachet sachet at iline.com
Wed Jul 9 18:41:13 PDT 2003

it was just too easy and it honestly didn't seem real. Fill out the
questionnaire, without lies and yet remember to keep private information
securely hidden. She looked upon it as a game of sorts, no one could get
hurt, she could stay safe, and it would be a focus for her pain, until
she learned how to heal. It was to be a surreal dream, just out of
reach, but close enough to tether her ricocheting emotions.

Her first personal ad online or anywhere for that matter.

It had to reflect both who she was and wanted yet to be.....

It shouldn't be too blatant...... subtly was a must.

"I would like....... time with a man who knows how to savor a
relationship. Who understands the subtle intoxication of anticipation.
One who wants to see past the facade I wear, into my soul. If I ask you
to think of a candle, can you envision my finger playfully dancing in
and out of the flame, as we talk, and would you understand when I dip my
finger into the melting wax?

If I sent you a Tootsie Pop would you smile as you placed it in your mouth?

Would you know why I love to swim, and what that conveys about my body
and my expectations of yours?

Would we need a word we'd both know was safe and ours alone?

Tell me your thoughts about each question.........but of course.....
only if you wish.

Perhaps....you have some questions of your own for me as well?"

She sent it off with a sigh, feeling a bit sad, and yet a tad excited
too. Who knew what kind of replies would arrive into her mailbox?

A few days passed and the replies starting coming in. Several from the
eternally juvenile, asking her bra and panty sizes, which she ignored
with a disgusted roll of her eyes. One from an obviously obtuse man who
missed the whole point of her carefully worded entry and wanted to meet
for drinks asap. But, there were some from men who took the time to
seriously reply to each question, and those she did take the time to
read. Wistfully, because none saw the multifaceted possibilities behind
each question. She politely replied to all of them, and thanked them for
their interest, gently declining further contact. On the last day of her
ad though..... he wrote to her, replying to only one question, which was
a bit bewildering. Until.....the next day she found another reply, to
her second question. Each day he sent one more answer, never at the same
time of day or night, so she never knew when to expect it, but an email
was always there...waiting for her to read.

He told her why he thought she liked to play with the candle flame, and
he suggested he might know of other places where she might enjoy the
feel of hot melted wax. He actually counted exactly how many licks it
took to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop and contemplated exactly how
many licks it might take for other things, and why taking turns was only
fair, as well as fine & delectable.
He wrote of cool blue water, and what it felt like to feel his body
slicing past its gentle resistance, meeting the demands he placed upon
it, tireless repetition, mindless satisfaction, firm muscles contracting
and relaxing. He described the quiet pleasures of his waterworld; the
muted sounds of splashing, the vibrant colors of the hot golden sun, the
vastness of the blue sky, the verdant green of surrounding trees. She
held her breath when she read his reply to her last question. For a word
to be safe, there had to be trust, and he would like the time to build
that gift of trust with her. If he provided a way for her to obtain a
post office box, would she use it to accept small things from him?
Tactile mail, on real paper, with other small surprises along the way.
Anonymous and safely located in a large post office; he would know only
the address she gave him, and she would have the only key.

Tentatively, but impressed by the way he perceived her hesitancy and
addressed each concern, she said yes. The next day, two emails arrived.
The first one included all the information needed to order a post office
box at her choice of several post offices he listed. They both knew the
other lived within 50 miles of the city, since that was listed in the
online information. Next, a Paypal notification arrived, letting her
know that she had received the exact amount needed to pay for one full
year of post office box fees. He had indeed thought of everything to
make it easy and totally irresistible.....

tbc.....

if you wish....

....Sachet