TheBanyanTree: and no greater love has the world ever known. . .

alf at io.com alf at io.com
Wed Dec 24 15:55:41 PST 2003

Oh gee, I sit here in my wounded space and wonder if I'll get through this
- this time. Just one more slap in the face - no, this time it's a major
beating. This time I'm bleeding from the soul. Part of me just wants to say
F*** it! I quit! But, I don't know how to do that either. Never learned the
art of quitting. Learning to let go - isn't quitting. You let go only when
you can't survive the holdin on. That ain't the same. I've always been a
hanger on. I'll hang on long after the nothin left to hang on to has faded
into itself. But, I'm not a quiter. So, I know I'll make it through this. I
know I'll survive this - too. But, I don't want too. Not right now. Right
now, I want it not to have happened. Right now, I don't want it to be the
cards God dealt me. Right now, no part of me can understand the point - of
going on.
So, I turn to my soulmate for answers - like I have for over 20 years. Of
course - I know that she's gone too. But, she did not leave me without
giving me everything I would need to get by without her. So, today I turn
to Apollo and open my Hope chest. I found this and I am reminded, with
every goodbye - you learn. All I can say is "God this time it had better a
damned good one or you and me gonna be rollin in the dirt when we come face
to face again." :)