TheBanyanTree: Umbrella and Bridge

R J Fernalld srfern at bcn.net
Sun Aug 31 09:39:24 PDT 2003

Umbrella and Bridge

I have never before been so glad to see the close of a season as I am to see
the end of this miserable summer. From before the children left the
schoolrooms in hordes, my scenic route through life halted. Since then it
has been stop and go traffic, screaming hostilities and betrayals from even
the pedestrian faction.

How does a father live with the knowledge his child can no longer include
him in her life?

How can friends, one by one, betray trust, stop supporting dreams and enjoy
feeling superior as they whip it out to piss on your bliss?

How is it the sun shines brightly on the unjust? The criminal rain seems
heaviest upon the weakest. Why it is when one is at the lowest that the rain
pounds it's rhythm of defeat with the volume of echoes down a bloody canyon?
Where did they go who promised themselves as umbrella and  bridge?

Why do they continue the assault when comfort is begged for? Friend...now
there is a concept open to much interpretation. Lately comes the message....
"you be there for me, and when you fall, do pardon the laughter, there's a
good fellow!"

No. I will pardon nothing. No more will I excuse the excuses. The bruises of
friendship's unkind heart needs to heal and there has to be an ending.
Solitary clarity is now the goal.

Spare me your truncheon, sword and hammer. I have decided that loneliness
alone beats suffering the center of attention in a ring of pain from friends

copyright R J Fernalld 2003

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one's definition of your life;define yourself.