TheBanyanTree: First Hint

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 2 05:55:53 PDT 2003

I flipped the calendar to August and something changed in that moment.

Dawn takes its time waking up in the morning.

The sunlight isn’t as intense.  It hangs at an angle instead of glaring
straight on.

The air has a bit more snap to it and less laze and haze.

Dirty brown leaves litter the grass I no longer have to mow as often.

The tomatoes hang fat and sassy on their vines.

And sunset’s slow gentle kisses which make summer evenings so irresistible
are now quick pecks on the cheek before darkness falls.

But Sirius overwhelms the black sky and promises us summer isn’t over yet.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at earthlink.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!