TheBanyanTree: J-E-L-L-O

Theta Brentnall theta at garlic.com
Sat Apr 5 15:21:31 PST 2003

At 05:53 PM 4/5/03 -0500, LL wrote:

>There is quite a bit of discussion among my husband's family regarding
>Jell-O, so much so that when I recently purchased the first box of
>Jell-O my hands had touched in years, I was promptly jeered for "caving"
>to the merits and wonders of Jell-O...

My family didn't do Jell-O when I was growing up.  My husband's family
did.  One of his favorite "salads" is strawberry jello with fruit
cocktail.  Shortly after we were married, he expressed a wish to have
that.  Since I was heading out the door, I said, "So, make some."

"I don't know how."

"Just follow the instructions on the box."

Do you know, the box doesn't say to stir after adding the cold water?  At
least it didn't then.  I have it on good authority that it does now,
probably because of people like my every loving hubby, who followed the
instructions completely and faithfully and ended up with a layer of water
on top of something that would make a good substitute material for rubber
o-rings.  He has gotten much better at making jello salad since then.

Theta