TheBanyanTree: Jerking the chain...

LLDeMerlè imijri at twcny.rr.com
Thu Apr 3 20:43:06 PST 2003

Stephen, the now 11-year old, which I can’t believe, by the way, has a
very tender, caring heart.  A couple of weeks ago, I cut my finger and
before I could finish saying "Ouch," he was at my side with a Band-Aid
peeled and ready to go.  Even put it ON me.

This is the same boy, who, several years ago, bumped his leg or some
such trivial injury, and limped out into the living room, holding his
leg and panting,

"Get me w wheelchair!!"

A real coward.  Even thought he talked the doctor out of the IV when he
had his tonsils out.  Told her he wouldn't be needing that needle thing
in his hand.  Not at all.  Never.  Wouldn’t be needing it, you know.

I noticed blood on my thumb last night and decided to have some fun.

"OWwwwwWWWWwwWWWWwww" I wailed.

"WHAT'S WRONG??"

"I cut my thumb."

"Oh NOOOOOO!!!"

::the sound of running::

"I'M GETTING YOU A BANDAID!!!!!"

"I don't know if a Band-Aid will do it.  I think I need a wheelchair."

"OH, NO!!!"

"Yah, and maybe even an ambulance."

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?????"

By this time, he has arrive with the Band-Aid, having deftly ripped off
and peeled it en route, ready to slap it over the wound.

He decisively positioned and fastened the band aid over the ouch.
Commenting,

"That's really bad."

This was followed up by check ups, minus the temperature and blood
pressure taking.

"You ought to be a doctor," I said.

"Hm.  Maybe."

"Or a nurse."

"Eeyew!  I'd have to wear a pink dress!"

???

      .       LL
        *'+. .+'*
             *